Across all 52420 sq.miles of the Nutmeg State, Landscapes™ Connecticut includes:
- 523,611 autogen buildings, including 79,491 accurately placed buildings and 444,120 houses placed by AI
- 800,395 wooded areas with vegetation derived from US Government official classifications of ecological regions
- Revised tree areas to minimize overlap of vegetation and scenery elements like highways and airfields
- Hundreds of obstacles, digitally compliled by the FAA, and VFR POI like towers, water towers, windmills, grain elevators, and specific buildings presenting hazards to aviation
Landscapes(tm) takes the original Treeline™ to the next level by adding buildings and other objects to the trees and enhance ithe experience. The product brings back superior 3-D to photo-scenery and photo-real.
Landscapes™ is part of a continuing line of flight simulation products designed to enhance the simulated flying of professional and amateur alike. It covers North America and many other countries to a degree previously impossible and never experienced.
With the series, you can complete your photo-scenery and take it to the next level with full 3D autogen. You no longer should put up with the bleak low-level flat landscape of photo-scenery. Don't put up with the approximation to reality of some products. Overcome the complete lack of real-world spatial features in the original simulation products. Fly in a VFR environment rich with the real-world format of your existing scenery and enhanced by the realistic 3D scenery of VFR-series derived from 1:24000 detail scale commercial mapping data – equivalent to USGS Topo Map detail and numerous other sources for the USA and 1:25,000 for the UK.
This scenery eliminates or reduces the problems produced by imagery – lack of seasonal differences, uneven colors or contrast across various tiles – by covering the ground with FS native autogen capable of reflecting time but not laid out relatively randomly and in repetitive tiles like FSX autogen and other traditional FS scenery add-ons. This 3D landscape shows what is there when you fly over a location as it should be shown.
Works with all the most popular photo-real imagery
The product makes no changes to your available autogen object libraries (original or any installed add-on textures) and frame rates are the same as they would be for rendering similar amounts of 3D scenery using the same setup.
For FSX and FSX-SE (for non-commercial use) and VFR-Series Pro™ for Prepar3D (intended for commercial use only)
Landscapes™ states are available separately or in bundles:
- Landscapes™ USA™ Complete – all the lower 48 plus Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the USVI
- Landscapes™ USA™ East – states east of the Wisconsin plus Puerto Rico, and the USVI
- Landscapes™ USA™ West - states west of the Wisconsin plus Hawaii
The product adds autogen, for the Eastern States alone, covering 923,596 sq.miles (2,392,103 sq.km), there are:
- 41,520,109 autogen buildings - exactly placed where data was available or placed by AI process
- 78,338,814 wooded or forested areas and individual trees in cities and towns
- Thousands of FAA-registered obstacles and VFR POI like towers, water towers, windmills, grain elevators
- Original Treeline areas have been updated to correct many issues of accuracy, e.g. trees on major roads
System Requirements and Recommendations: