The introduction of the Airbus competitor with its new two-story, large aircraft (over 400 seats), the Airbus A380, Boeing came under pressure. In 2004 Boeing developed a more advanced version of the 747-400, referred to as the 747 Advanced, and was back as a serious competitor to the Airbus A380. On 14 November 2005, officially launched the project under the name of 747-8.
The 747-8 is larger than the the 747-400. It closes the capacity gap between Boeing 777 and Airbus A340 and the Airbus A380.
The increase in capacity was achieved by extending the fuselage, bring the Boeing 747-8 length to 76.30 meters, making it the longest passenger aircraft in the world thus replacing the Airbus A340-600 (75.36 meters).
The Boeing 747-8 will include an InterContinental version (747-8I) and a cargo or freighter variant called 747-8F. Both versions have a revised aerodynamic wing with modern wingtips, flaps and improved, gapless Krueger flaps. In addition, the fuselage and wings were built with a new, lighter and more corrosion-resistant aluminum alloys. In addition, the cockpit has been designed based on the Boeing 787 cockpit.
The most important technological innovation adopted from the 787 is the jet engines from General Electric GEnx. These engines show a double-digit lower fuel consumption percentage compared to the 747-400 and the noise emission are reduced by 30%.
All models in this package have a fully functional cockpit including:
- Five multi-function displays
- Center console with FMC, radio display with transponders, trim and engine thrust lever control
- Yoke with controllable switches
- Upper panel with nearly 100 real switches
- "Seatbelt" and "No Smoking" sign with acoustic sound
- Autopilot features: ILS, FD, ALT, VS, HDG, NAV, speed, Mach, Loc, autothrottle / Master, QNH
- HUD - Display: artificial horizon, velocity, G, Mach, TAS, IAS, compass, QNH, height, pitch
- 2D panel in the resolution 1280x720 px / 3D panel with 1024x1024 px textures
- 15 different menus
- Gauge of miscellaneous flight parameter
- Use of flight plan
- Calculation of courses analogical wind, high-level and aerodrome of destination
- Follow of waypoints
- Course gauge and autopilot control
- All models are for the Microsoft Flight Simulator FS2004 and FSX
- Detailed external and internal model including Virtual Cockpit
- Animations in the external model: flaps, slats, spoilers, three cabin doors and two hatches, animated gear
- Extensive lighting effects of windows and exterior lighting
- Exterior lighting: Beacon-, Strobes-, Nav-, Landing- and Taxi- Lights
- Virtual Cockpit: panel light, window reflections, highly detailed, including avionics for radio navigation
- Panel with FMC ( Flight Management Computer ) and GPS ( Global Positioning System )
- Engine thrust reverser including animation and realistic flight dynamics
- All models with ATC-ID sign in the cockpit and exterior models.
- New textures (1024*1024) with specular shine, night lighting and Alpha technology
- Gangway stairs and Logo Light
- House Colors
- Korean Air
- Qantas Airways
- British Airways
- United Airlines
- UPS Airlines
For FS2004 and For FSX.
Available at http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=19916