A fully flyable set of Aircraft with the "BBS promise" of amazing things to come. The Airbus A330 Family are a fly-by-wire marvels that are rightfully acknowledged as one of the most successful Long Haul aircraft in civil aviation. With a flight deck unlike that of any other airliner (Apart from Another Airbus!) reproducing this aircraft accurately presents a unique challenge to any add on developer.
BlackBox however, have risen to that challenge and have combined development of the very highly appraised A320 Prologue with the new A330 Prologue to give you the best in short and long haul BlackBox Airbus flying! And as we have done with the A320 our new A330 will only get better with the release of :-
AIRBUS A330 X'TREME!
We can now offer you the Prologue version 0.61 so you can see and feel what to expect from the Full AIRBUS X'TREME V1.00 release.
BlackBox Quality and attention to detail will be second to none, with every system modelled to the fullest possible levels. The smallest of items will be given our full attention and you won't find a switch, knob or button that doesn't do something.
In the Prologue Package you will still have a very useable Airbus simulation with Highly detailed MFD Screens and ECAMS. These are all switchable and have independent dimmer controls! Some systems and functionality may be limited initially but The MCDU Will allow you to program a Flight Plan from start to finish, including climbs, Sids, Stars, Speed and Altitude Constraints as well as holding patterns Airways and Alternate Airports. You'll see your performance figures with Vspeeds and Fuel predictions.
With our regular service updates The ECAM Screens will eventually show all your system status including Fuel, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pressure systems, Doors and Landing Gear as well as many warnings to help you get things in order. The Fuel system is also highly automated with transfers from wings to trim tanks, centre to wings etc... All happening behind the scenes The external model features The A330-200, A330-300 A330-200F (Cargo version) As well as the all new A330-MRTT (Multi Role Tanker Transport) from Airbus Military division.
All Variants have the correct Engine types from the GE CF6, to the Rolls Royse Trent 700 and the Pratt and Whitney 4168. They have been faithfully recreated using advanced 3dsMax techniques and each model contains in excess of 150 thousand Polygons, Hi Definition 4096x4096 Textures and bump Mapping and a whole host of custom animations that include new Fanblade animation for smooth running and slow start-up, New "no flicker" Wheel animations that rotate smoothly and behave correctly when you stand on the brakes.
All control surfaces are separately driven by the correct Hydraulic system with the surfaces drooping with pressure drop when the systems are powered down. A Full electrical system is modelled with Ground power, AC/DC buses APU and 3 Batteries
There is also a nicely detailed cockpit and a cabin visible through the reflective 3D modelled Windows. open the doors and you have more detal in the cargobays and galley areas, all illuminated at night.
The Virtual Cockpit is another 160K Polygons and almost every switch, knob, lever and dial is accurateley modelled and animated. Each panel has its own seperate integral lighting and both front and rear overheads are accurateley reproduced. There are dimmer controls for each MFD and you can swap them around via the correct pedestal switching. The Thrust levers have "built in" Detents operated by either Joystick, Numpad, F1-F4 Keys or Pageup/Dn you will easily find the one intuitive to you. Custom animations include the fold out tables, Arm rests and sunscreens on top of all the expected switches etc. The Side sticks operate correctly and lock properly when using the autopilot. And you have switchable Nosewheel steering "tiller control" for accurate Taxi and Parking
All the MCDU and FCU Programming can be done from either the 2D Panels or in the VC either directly or via the many Popup screens a click away.
The Airbus A330 Flight model has been reproduced and tested by independant Current Airbus Pilots and includes our Custom Fly By Wire system and Envelope protection Laws. Experience for yourself the unique Airbus fly-by-wire concept and see whats in store later this year when we release AIRBUS X'TREME!
" These aircraft think one step ahead of the pilot - it's a flying experience like no other!"
- Advanced 3dsMax Hi Poly modelling
- General Electric CF6, PW 4168 and RR TRent 700 Engines
- Exterior models each contains in excess of 150 thousand polygons
- Over 200 Custom animations
- Custom "smooth running" Engine Fan animations + 3d Fan Blades
- Ram Air Turbine
- Pressurisation Vents
- 3d Landing lights & Light splashes on ground
- Full 3d cockpit visible through windows
- Highly detailed landing gear and gear bays
- Front and rear Pax doors, service + cargo doors
- 3d Windows with reflective + specular refractive glass
- Reverse thrust system
- 3d animated and sequenced Flaps/Slats/Speed brakes
- All control surfaces separately linked to correct Hydraulic system
- Systems can be switched off removing the power from individual controls
- Virtual Cockpit Features
- Virtual Cockpit contains in excess of 160 thousand polygons
- Every feature of the 2D Panel is reflected in the VC and MUCH more !
- Animated Pull out tables, Sunblind's, Jump seat & Armrests ++
- All knobs dials and switches faithfully reproduced in animated 3d
- Captain, First Officer and Jump seat positions available
- Overhead section complete with Hyd, Air, Fuel, Lighting and Fire panels
- Separate flood and integral lighting + test switches for warnings
- Fully textured & Bump mapped parts include seat fabric and carpets
- 3d modelled Standby Gauges
- Reflective glass in all gauges and windows (reflects cockpit environment)
- Highly detailed Side sticks with "skinned" boot
- Highly detailed Thrust levers with "Automatic" detents via keyboard or stick
- Custom Fly By Wire System
- Custom Autopilot and Auto Thrust systems
- Switchable Multifunction CRT display screens, PFD, ND, ECAM1 & ECAM2
- Programmable MCDU and FCU with Managed CLB and DECENT + Constraints
- Uses Navigraph Navdata with Sid's & Stars
- Flight plans can use constraints, step climb, holds and Alternate destinations
- Autopilot with Managed, VSI, FPA, Heading, Track and Nav modes
- Auto thrust with easy to use Preset detents for Managed and Spd modes
- Full Cat I, II AND III Auto land features
- FBW Envelope protection, anti stall, pitch, roll and g-load limiting
- One click Popups on all MFD's
- IFR and VFR Panels for CAPT & FO in both normal and widescreen
- Fully featured pedestal
- Overhead panel
- Separate Integral and flood lighting
- Accurate font used on MFD's FCU, MCDU and ECAMS
- Sub pixel GDI rendering for ultra smooth operation and excellent frame rates
- Fully featured Engine FADEC with individual assignable throttle axis'
- Blackbox house livery
- Etihad "Blue Moon"
- TAP Portugal
- Turkish Airlines
- Blackbox House Livery
- Blackbox House Livery
- Brussels Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Royal Air Force
- This list is provisional.. Many more will follow after release with No Charge