Please note that in the initial release only the wheeled 300 model is included, the other models (100 and versions with floats/tundra wheels/skis) will follow soon without additional cost. The reason for this staggered release was simple, with all but these other models completed it seemed not right to keep the 300 model in our hangar. It is after all by far the most used model.
Do not underestimate the Twin Otter, it is not a large twin engine general aviation aircraft, in complexity it really is a small airliner and the Twin Otter Extended will show the aircraft in its full complexity.
The version for FSX and P3D that we created is remarkable as well. Not only does it represent the best in modelling (with 2k textures), it also comes with complex systems, the best implementation of turbine engines to date and flight models are as accurate as possible and tested by several Twin Otter pilots. Where FSX default systems are not good enough we complete replace them with our own modules.
The aircraft comes equipped with skies, tundra tires and floats so there will be no place where the trusty Twin Otter will not be able to take you. With versions for cargo and passengers, 100 and 300 models and different engines we cover the whole range of this amazing aircraft.
The experienced simulator fan will be able to start the aircraft with all the checks and tested that are needed, but if you like you can also use the advanced interactive checklist to guide you from step to step or even to jump directly into an aircraft ready for take-off. We feel this is an ideal way to make complex aircraft usable for all users.
If you wonder why we called the project the Twin Otter Extended, it is because this is the third time we are modelling this aircraft for Flight Simulator, but this is the first time we decided to make it a true high end project.
Please note: The crossed out features and models will be added with the version 1.10, which will be released as a free upgrade for all buyers of the initial release.
TenThree models ( DHC-6 100and DHC-6 300 with wheels, tundra wheels, skies and floats)
- Easy on framerate
- All models with individual high fidelity flight models
- Detailed simulation of engines (correct indication for torque, RPM, ITT)
- Engine failure modes
- Custom electrical, fuel and hydraulic systems
- Detailed sound environment with dozens of additional sound effects
- Detailed avionics suit with Bendix King transceivers, Collins auto pilot (fully realistic) and Digital Flight Data Recorder (that exports to Google Earth)
- Many additional features; fully featured paint kit, extensive manuals, Fuel planner / cargo loader module
- 300 normal wheels 620 shp (4 blades)
- 300 normal wheels 620 shp (3 blades) normal door
- 300 normal wheels 620 shp (3 blades) air stair
300 tundra wheels 620 shp 300 floats 620 shp 300 ski/wheel 620 shp 100 normal wheels 620 shp (streamlined exhaust) 100 normal wheels 550 shp 100 tundra wheels 620 shp 100 tundra wheels 550 shp 100 floater 550 shp
- Very high end flight models for all version.
- More realistic engine indications for Torque, RPM and ITT
- Engine anti icing (inertial separator) influence on engine parameters
Propeller start locks on Float version
- Engine failures due to overtorque, overtemp, engine icing or hotstarts
- Structural icing influence on flight performance
- Functional Fire detection and extinguishing system
- Custom electrical, fuel and hydraulic systems
- Custom coded GPS with Com1 & Nav1 radios (based on the default FSX GPS500)
- United instruments 5506L-S Altitude alerter
- Bendix King KX 155 Com2 and Nav2 radios
- Bendix king KN 64 DME
- Bendix King KR 87 ADF radio
- Bendix King KT 70 transponder
- Bendix King KMA Audio panel
- Collins AP-106 Autopilot with Flight director, manual autopilot mode, IAS hold, altitude capture, Go Around mode, MDA mode, Ded Rec mode as well as hdg, Nav and approach modes.
- Digital Flight data recorder where data can be shown in Google Maps
- Extensive paint kit
- Extensive Manuals
- Fuel planner / cargo loader module
- Interactive Checklist
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control
Download-Size: 800 MB
Installations-Size: 1.1 GB
Order your copy of Twin Otter X Extended Download now at http://www.pcaviator...productid=19854