One of the best airport scenery expansions to be released in 2013. You will be stunned with Skiathos airport, and want to fly into or out of this beautiful greek location on a regular basis!
The name "Skiathos" is derived from "skia" (greek for "shadow") and is named after the shadows of the countless trees covering the island of Skiathos. Following "Mykonos X", "Skiathos X" is the second island project by the development group "29Palms Scenery Design", taking you to the Northern Sporades of Greece.
The airport of the island is considered to be the „Greek St. Maarten“ because of its spectacular approach. The runway reaches the surrounding sea on both its ends and is in total only 1628m long. Bigger aircraft like a Boeing 757-200 are forced to perform low approaches.
Although there are plenty of signs warning about the danger of the jet blasts of starting airplanes, some people still prefer to remain there for the „buzz“ of the jet engines blast.
The entire island has been realistically recreated based on many references from the real island. There are over 250.000 custom-made and hand-placed Autogen-objects covering over 100km² of high-resolution satellite imagery (0.3-05m/px).
In addition there are many animations such as swarms of seagulls, sound effects and high-resolution textures.
You may fly low over the tourists, visit the final approach or go to discover the island - this scenery offers everything in an extraordinary level of detail.
- Highly detailed rendition of Skiathos Airport "Alexandros Papadiamantis" (LGSK)
- Complete coverage of over 100km² with high resolution satellite imagery (0.3-0.5m/px)
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground by „texture baking“
- Performant 3D-night lighting covering the whole island
- High resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by „baked lighting“
- Complex terrain mesh
- Over 250.000, hand-placed and custom made autogen objects
- Numerous animations (car traffic, ships, swarms of birds, flags)
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
- Sound effects (seagulls, sound of the sea, engines, air conditioners)
- 3D people
- Numerous custom made static objects around the airport
- Animated windsocks
- Configuration manager for optimal perfomance
- Highly detailed manual including charts (PDF)
- Compatible with AI traffic Add-Ons (including "World of AI")
- Compatible with Ground Environment X, Ultimate Terrain X, FSGlobal and GRcoastlines
- Excellent perfomance with high framerates
- Includes FSX and Prepar3D version
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D
Windows XP(SP2), Windows Vista or Windows 7 (with the newest Service Packs)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual-Core or Quad-Core processors are recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB are recommended)
3D graphics card with 512 MB
.net Framework 3.5 or higher for running the Scenery Manager
Download-Size: 1.4 GB
Installation-Size: 2.0 GB
Order and download your copy at http://www.pcaviator...productid=19851